Sign In

Answers to Your Workers Compensation FAQ: What Do I Do When I Get Injured?

Last updated 2 years ago

When you are injured on the job, find your nearest supervisor, manager or authority figure and report the injury immediately. If nobody is available, leave a phone message for one of these individuals detailing exactly how you injured yourself and follow up with them the next day. You must report the work injury to the person in charge of you unless your company has specific reporting procedures for work injuries.

  • Be very specific when you report the injury to your employer. Explain exactly how you injured yourself on the job and include all of the body parts you hurt. It is better to report all injuries even if you think they are not a big deal at the time. Many small aches and pains turn into bigger problems down the road.
  • Ask your employer for an incident report and make sure you are specific when describing the work injuries. Make sure to put the date you injured yourself on the form. Always ask for a copy of the document, especially if your job fills it out for you. You can print out an Employee Incident Report Form from our website and use it if your employer does not provide one to you. Click here for a copy of our incident report.
  • Seek medical attention as soon as you can. Your job should send you to a panel physician, company nurse or hospital. If they do not provide you with a list of doctors, go to the nearest hospital and get treatment.
  • You have 120 days from the time you get injured to report a work injury. The quicker you report the work injury the better off you will be. Do not delay.

At Krasno, Krasno, & Onwudinjo, our team of lawyers have a depth of experience second to none.  We aggressively pursue all injury claims against employers and their insurance carriers, and have an established record for achieving maximum compensation for workers who have suffered workplace-related injuries, illness, or disability.  Contact us today at (888) 774-9695 for a free consultation and case evaluation.


  • Loading comments... Spinner
Do you like Krasno, Krasno & Onwudinjo?

Schedule Your Free Consultation!

The lawyers of Krasno, Krasno & Onwudinjo are available to serve people throughout Pennsylvania and out-of-state workers injured in Pennsylvania in workers' compensation and Social Security disability matters.


  • Recent Posts
    • Loading posts... Spinner
  • View All
  • Recent Comments
    • Loading comments... Spinner
  • Related Links
  • Popular Tags
    • Loading tags... Spinner